Hello Timotheus,

I had in mind this one: http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian/

I also try not to build myself something from code for production use as I have no guarantee of a stability nor I trust that I will be doing the build correctly. Instead I believe that there are package builders that are much better at his than me and they know what they are doing and what source to use.

Unfortunately Ubuntu does a pretty poor job in maintaining their own repository and as you can see (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mod-mono/+bug/1308047) I sent them a bug report even before Ubuntu 14.4 was released in April and they still have not decided how important that bug is or when they will fix it.

On the other hand I like the packages naming they use as it is pretty consistent during the years, widely used in other distributions and broken down into many parts so you can install only what you really need from mono. But I will give that repository a try.

I hope that one day http://download.mono-project.com will include this too as I see now that xamarin.com moved from IIS to Apache (Ubuntu) + Mono :).

- Vladimir