On 19/11/14 21:51, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
Hey,
Hey,

I took a quick look at System.Web over the weekend, and I am not sure that it
is that bad.

Most of the native stuff has to do with performance counters and some
authentication stuff on Windows (which we can
skip/ignore).
I think also the caching subsystems use kernel APIs.

But the core of System.Web should be relatively easy to move.
Right, but we need to remember about mod_mono compatibility and the fact that changing the core (the sole System.Web namespace) has cascading effects on all the other System.Web things - it's not an easy task to make it all work fine. It's definitely doable, but may require a lot of work to get right. It would be great if we could replace just the System.Web namespace for starters, but I doubt it's going to be that easy.

marek

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Marek Habersack <gren...@twistedcode.net