* Alexander Köplinger (Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:40:28 +0200):

> > That worked.  I'd suggest the README.md would be updated, though, as it
> > specifically says to use monolite with EXTERNAL_MCS for bootstrapping
> > (under "If you don't have a working Mono installation"). It should say to
> > remove any existing gmcs from the $PATH, instead.
>
> That came up before already and we updated the readme, looks like you don't
> have the latest version:
> https://github.com/mono/mono#if-you-dont-have-a-working-mono-installation
>
> -- Alex

Yes, I'm using mono-3.12.0-branch (to get a stable version) where it is
not updated yet.

Also I'd suggest to change

| The build will then use the files downloaded by `make get-monolite-latest`.

| The build will then use the files downloaded by `make get-monolite-latest`,
| as long as there is no existing gmcs in $PATH.

(or something on that lines) so people won't accidentally end up with the wrong
bootstrap compiler. Or is that no longer correct on the master branch?

Regards, Fabian