From: mono-devel-list-boun...@lists.ximian.com
[mailto:mono-devel-list-boun...@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Jo Shields
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 8:15 PM
To: mono-devel-list@lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Mono-dev] About porting Mono to aix (Mono-devel-list Digest, Vol
127, Issue 17)

On 20/11/15 03:07, Zhanxing Ding wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently I tried to port mono to IBM aix6.1 system, did any one try to
> do this before, and I met a problem and I didn't know how to fixed, on
> compiling runtime module, it need a monolite to compile it, but I
> think there is not a supported version for aix, where can I get the source
> code of monolite, is it possible porting mono to aix.

"monolite" is a minimal distribution of the Mono C# compiler mcs.exe, and its
dependencies - it is needed to compile the Mono C# compiler mcs.exe.

Tarballs of Mono bundle monolite, but git builds you either need an existing
"mcs" in $PATH, or to obtain monolite separately

"make get-monolite-latest" will use curl or wget to download a compatible
version of monolite to your source tree (into
mcs/class/lib/monolite/)