Mike Kestner wrote:
Attached is a first pass attempt at adding multiple assembly support to
monodocer.  I need support for this in order to transition Gtk# to using
monodocer instead of the mkfork of the old updater that we've been
nursing along in gtk-sharp/doc/updater.

Excellent.

 - the index document layout has to change to support multiple
assemblies.  The patch supports stubbing for an
way to go.  I think this index file is only used for the docs2html
translation, so I need input on the desired layout.

It's also used by monodoc --edit so monodoc doesn't have to scan the directory layout.

I think what you've done is fine. There's no need to separate out the type listing by assembly.

 - The index assembly attr updating is broken. I decided not to waste
time on this until I had a better feeling for how they are used and what
they should look like.

Yeah, I guess I never did that since it's not used anywhere.

 - DoUpdateNamespace just looks in the first assembly supplied. I'm
uncertain what the typical use case is for this so it's unclear whether
we should support multiple assembly namespace updating.

I think we can get rid of that feature entirely. (Does anyone on the list use it?)

I'm a little concerned about the volume of information that monodocer
puts on the console.  It would be nice if "Updating Foo" was only
written to the Console if Foo has changes.

Yeah, sure. I didn't do that because it was hard to figure out when a file was changing, from the way the xml is updated.

Also, when members are to be deleted but --delete is not specified,
would it be okay to add a "Deprecated" attr like the old updater used to
do.

Oh, I didn't know the old updater did that.

I don't really think it's useful to add a Deprecated attribute -- the output of monodocer is a good indication of what needs fixing. But that's just me.

Patch looks good to me, BTW.

--
- Joshua Tauberer

http://taubz.for.net