It's also VB.Net code style. I personally would never write a parenthesis for such a function or procedure call. Also that allows you to easily change from a function to property without other code changes neccesary.

A.Nahr

P.S. I'm not 100% sure but the text does probably mean "method CALLS without arguments do not need parentheses", otherwise(method declarations) I'm of your opinion.

I'm not sure this " methods without arguments do not need parentheses" is a good thing.
It's VB6 style coding, VB.NET doesn't normally allow this.

regards,
Timothy.