I am working on a port of a large toolkit (150K+ lines) that deals with the JDF xml
standard (see www.cip4.org).  Fortunately or unfortunately, their schema is one of the
largest, most complex and most screwy I have ever seen.  Even so, I compile it and use
the SOM to generate validation rules successfully for the Windows (Microsoft Framework
1.1) version of the toolkit.  I have also used it successfully with the Xerces parser
under C++ and Java as well as in various tools such as XML Spy.  Under Mono, I have
hit a variety of problems during schema compile (via XmlSchema.Compile merthod), which
I am starting to explore and fix.

In general, it would appear the Mono compile is doing some extra checks that, although
logical, may not be in line with the W3C standards; they are certainly not in line
with the Microsoft and Xerces implementations.  One that represents the issue takes
place in XmlSchemaElement.ValidateUniqueParticleAttribution.  This routine fails on
the CIP4 JDF schema with the error "Ambiguous element label which is contained by
-any- particle was detected".  I know it fails because of the way, the admittedly
bizarre way, that this schema uses the any element.  As far as I can tell, it is legal
in xml schema to allow any in the way they are doing so even though it makes for
ambiguity as the error points out.  Essentially, children qualify under the any rule
as well as a specific rule.  I'd like to chat with the developer(s) that are most
knowledgeable on the SOM implementation in Mono so I can determine the best way to
proceed.

Thanks