From: Enver ALTIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 21:59, A Rafael D Teixeira wrote:
> Well, mainly, any subclass of Component can be easily (for example, just by
> dragging and dropping in the Visual Studio.NET Form Designers) inserted in a
> container (like a Form, a Control, or any other Component), and manipulated
> by the editing environment (like having properties exposed for editing in
> the Properties Window). All of this is currently of little use for Linux
> developers using Mono as we are still creating the equivalent tools.

Well, this is exactly how things worked back in '92 when Delphi 1.0 has
been launched by Borland. Many of the class hierarchy stuff was inspired
from the layout of VCL (Visual Component Library); I'm surprised that
even the class/property/event naming conventions are Delphi/C++Builder
alike, funny :)

Well, that's because Microsoft HIRED the same team to create C# and VisualStudio.NET: Anders Hejlsberg and some dozens of other key Borland employees MIGRATED to MS half-a-decade ago...

Anyway it's great to know that Mono staff is working on an
IDE-alike-tool which hopefully will bring .NET/RAD to Linux.

Yes!!! The MonoDevelop team is hard at work!!!

Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue) - Software developer, generic solvent

Have Fun,

Rafael Teixeira
Brazilian Polymath
Mono Hacker since 16 Jul 2001
MonoBrasil Founding Member - Membro Fundador do MonoBrasil
English Blog: http://monoblog.blogspot.com/
Brazilian Portuguese Blog: http://monoblog.weblogger.terra.com.br/