Hi Sreenivas,

First of all, I think it's better to post such questions to a list where all people interested in Mono can help you not only me. I cc'ed this to the Mono main List ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Give them a chance to help you next time, please.

From: "Sreenivas kaushik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have used datagrid in C# application (GUI) on Windows and i tried to run the same application on Mono but i got the error saying that "Datagrid library not found".

Checking our status-page for Windows Forms at http://www.go-mono.org/class-status-System.Windows.Forms.html , I saw that DataGrid is at most 62% implemented. Also the whole System.Windows.Forms implementation is unstable just now so I would recommend not to use it before it matures.

I have installed GTK# also and i have System.Windows.Forms library but still iam unable to run. Is there any library so that i can run my application.

GTK# isn't needed to run System.Windows.Forms apps, but many other packages are (like Cairo). But again Mono's implementation of System.Windows.Forms isn't completed yet.

And one more thing, is there any possibility of using the third party controls like VSFlexGrid in Mono Environment.

For the general question the answer is: IF (BIG if, indeed) the third party controls are 100% Managed Code, and don't use System.Windows.Forms in an undocumented/non-portable way they possibly can run with Mono in Linux, but check if the license permits it (to run them outside of Windows & .NET).

Specifically for VSFlexGrid Pro you are out-of-luck as it is just an ActiveX control not a .NET Control. Mono won't support old-technology controls like that, because it costs too much in development (think we would have to duplicate lots of terrible COM/ActiveX support/interop code) and adds lots of potential bugs well-known in the COM world, as memory-leaks caused by circular references or unpaired calls into the reference-counting mechanism. You may have a better chance with Janus GridEX for .NET or Xceed Grid for .NET.

Good developments,

Rafael "Monoman" Teixeira
Mono Hacker since 16 Jul 2001 - http://www.go-mono.org/
MonoBrasil Founding Member - Membro Fundador do MonoBrasil http://monobrasil.softwarelivre.org