We currently have a system written in Microsoft c#.Net, what we are aiming to do is distribute our product on linux.

Will it be possible to compile our product in MS C#.Net and copy the files on to linux and it work ?

Or will we have to make the code compile within mono first.

What would be nice is in the Debug/Release options in VS.Net we had another for Linux – Mono which used the mono compiler to compile our code or someother way to check within VS.Net that it will be compatible.

If all this is possible we use SQLDMO.Dll for getting information about sql servers on the network will this be possible to use from within linux.

Thanks in advance

Rik