Hello,
I'm having this weird problem with pkg-config and monodoc. I discovered
it when I tried to build monodevelop 0.5.
When I do:
        $ echo `pkg-config monodoc --version`
I get:
        0.15.0
However,
        $ locate monodoc.pc
gives me:
        /usr/lib/pkgconfig/monodoc.pc
        /home/rodolfo/anoncvs/monodoc/monodoc.pc.in
        /home/rodolfo/anoncvs/monodoc/monodoc.pc
and the content of the first file (the first and third files are equal)
        $ cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/monodoc.pc
is:
        prefix=/usr
        exec_prefix=${prefix}
        libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib

        Name: Monodoc
        Version: 1.0
        Libs: /r:${libdir}/mono/gtk-sharp/monodoc.dll

The environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH is set to /usr/lib/pkgconfig.
I've monodoc from today's CVS.

Any clues?

TIA,

Rodolfo