Hi,

   Ok. Agree to it. But can I assume that you'd be doing this in
cs-tokenizer.cs? If so, don't worry... I'll take care of it for my
needs. :-)

Yes. Am not sure how you can take care of those C# specific doc comments though (unless you rule all kind of the documentation way).

Please clarify; do you actually have working functionality? If not,
why do you need to commit your changes to CVS before you finish
the actual document generation functionality?

   Ok... the status right now is that my tool cannot generate comments
as of now. It can read comments (by patching cs-parser.jay,
cs-tokenizer.cs, decl.cs etc), understand some of them but cannot
generate HTML files right now.

   Two parts to it: One the changes needed in mcs to expose
raw-comments. Second, generating documentation (HTML, chm or blah).
The changes that I made to mcs belonged to mcs-1.1 (.Net 1.1) and now
C# language itself has changed a lot with partial classes etc.

   It gave me a tough time patching new mcs-2.0 for my mcsdoc.
Tomorrow, I may have another mcs-3.0 and all that pain. So, I just
needed raw doc/comments.

Ok, thanks I understood the development situation. I still cannot understand why your patch must be checked in right now.

Atsushi Eno