Hi,

New to linux (suse 9.2) so please bear with me:

Using mono 1.1.4 all the files in my GAC have owner/group of root. In my code where i use the Npgsql connector, my code runs fine when executed under root but under a normal user it bombs out badly:

** (postgres.exe:9267): WARNING **: Could not find assembly Npgsql, references from /home/nik/postgres.exe (assemblyref_index=1)
Major/Minor: 1,0
Build: 5000,0
Token: 5d8b90d52f46fda7
System error: No such file or directory

** (postgres.exe:9267): WARNING **: Missing method .ctor in assembly /home/nik/postgres.exe typeref index 2

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Likewise, when using the gacutil to install npgsql from a normal user i get errors and it mentions permissions.

So what user/group should i be setting the files in the gac to ?? If i change the group to 'users' with read perms then it complains about /etc/mono/machine.config

It just doesnt feel right that i need to be opening up all the perms on things - but maybe this is how linux does things... if so is there any recommended set of permissions (or have i royally botched something up with the install ?).

Any help appreciated,
Nik