Running mono 1.1.4 (Ubuntu) and .NET 1.1.4322

If I read a well-formed XML document and try to import it into the DataSet (not specifying a schema)

Something like...

<foo>
   <bar/>
   <bar/>
</foo>

<foo>
  <bar/>
       <!--- .NET will not accept this, get a column not found exception when ReadXml called -->
       <junk>
            <fluff/>
            <flaff/>
       </junk>
  <bar/>
</foo>

In the bar table, mono is creating a "bar_Id" column where .NET is not, but a "foo_Id" column *is* getting created in both.

Also in general, Mono seems much more "permissive" than .NET regarding exception handling, so it looks like I'll have to switch dev over the VS.NET  :(

= mdf

--
Matthew Franz
http://www.io.com/~mdfranz/