From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alex Roman
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 21:04
To: mono-list@lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Mono-list] Problem compiling libgdiplus (FC4, Mono 1.1.8)

You need to _CREATE_ those files.

yum (yellowdog update manager) stores different software repositories in /etc/yum.repos.d

If you create any files there, yum will try to read them as repositories.

So, you just create those files there with the content I gave you and yum will be able to read the nrpms repositories.

Alex

Peter De Jager wrote:

Still confused ;-). I don't have either of these two files (/etc/yum.repos.d/nrpms, /etc/yum.repos.d/nrpms-mono.repo).

The only
similar ones in /etc are:

yum.repos.d.fedora-devel.repo
yum.repos.d.fedora-extras-devel.repo
yum.repos.d.fedora-extras.repo
yum.repos.d.fedora.repo
yum.repos.d.fedora-updates.repo
yum.repos.d.fedora-updates-testing.repo

Should I edit existing files or create new ones with the

content you
specify?

I managed to compile Mono from svn, but not libgdiplus.

Once I've set
up yum as you describe and I do 'yum install mono', which

version of
Mono will it install (last stable? daily tarball? svn?).

Will this not
clash with the existing installation?

Thanks
Pete.