Daniel Morgan wrote:

Maybe a Pre-Release Days instead of Bug Day would be more appropriate for Mono.

What do developers think about this ? I think that doing the hard work little by little is easier than having a big sprint once in a while, but I agree that prerelease days would be a great thing too :-).

We could help with docs, update status info on the mono wiki, test building the pre-release tarballs, test a pre-release of the installers, etc... And of course, make sure any serious bugs are squashed so we can have an outstanding stable release. However, any pre-release tarballs, RPMs, or installers would not be downloadable from the Downloads page. Maybe only available as ftp and the word prerelease is in the tarball or installer's filename. Just some ideas...

They sound great to me, however I don't think that prerelease days serve the same purpose as a bug day. I think that there is room for the two of them :-).

--
Julien Gilli
IDEALX http://www.idealx.com/