Once I used it the FileChoserDialog in PyGTK and there all I did after loading it from glade (with Glade.XML) was to run it with the run() method and retrieve the filename chosen. When I do it in mono, the dialog either stops reacting to events ( can't click on anything after the first click on the open/cancel button) or doesn't do anything at all. What's important is that it wouldn't close itself. Do I have to add manually events in Glade? (seams not reasonable) or is it yet in stages of early development? In the Monodoc I see a note near several of it's methods that say [not implemented] but it doesn't yield any errors during the compilation.