Robert Jordan wrote:

Hi Peter,

The service doesn't start because of the RemoteSumsObject.dll
assembly. The remoting infrastructure loads this assembly
via reflection, which doesn't appear to work. Probably a
current directory issue ... However, the attached updated
monoservice script deals with that.

Rob

Couldn't resist one last try - but no joy, I'm afraid.  This is what I got

linux:/home/peter/MonoRemotingTest/RemoteSumsService/bin/Release # ./monoservice start
Starting Mono Service RemoteSumsService                              done
linux:/home/peter/MonoRemotingTest/RemoteSumsService/bin/Release # ps -eaf | grep Remote
root     14676 14635  0 22:44 pts/3    00:00:00 grep Remote
linux:/home/peter/MonoRemotingTest/RemoteSumsService/bin/Release # **********************

So it tries to start it now (and in fact reports it's done it), but it still doesn't appear to be running. I'm assuming the service name would show up when I grep for it in the process list. When I run the client, it gives me a "Connection refused" error - which I think means that nothing is listening on the port.

That's it for tonight, I think.

Cheers

Peter