Hi,

Gert Driesen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Atsushi Eno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: vrijdag 2 december 2005 10:58
To: Gert Driesen
Subject: Re: [Mono-list] Anyone ever tried to run NAnt on mono on Windows?

Up until now, NAnt needed the registry key created by the
Mono installer to
determine
a) whether Mono was actually installed
b) what the installation directory was
c) what version was actually installed

On Linux, we use pkg-config for this purpose.

I'll see if I can use pkg-config for this purpose on
Windows too (for those
building Mono from source in cygwin). Should not be that hard.
Thanks, that would be nice.
Support for this is now in cvs. Let me know if you notice
any problems with
it.
If the change is to run nant without accessing windows registry, then
it did not seem to have solved the problem. It still requires that
registry key.

Are you using anon-cvs ? If so, then you'll have to wait until it has been
synced (not sure what the update interval is for sf.net cvs).

I'd appreciate it if you'd test it once it's available in anon-cvs.

Yeah, seems like I was too quick to try anoncvs. After getting up-to-date sources, it worked fine :-) Thanks!

btw it would be awesome if it also differentiates "make install"
behavior (instead of installing files under *:/Program Files/).
It's totally optional wish tho.

Atsushi Eno

I'm not in haste, and will try to make changes to ignore registries
locally. Thanks for the help, Gert.

No prob.

Gert