fedotenko wrote:
Thanks! But that was not exactly what i was looking for. I dont want to
depend on someone elses smtp server, i want to set up my own. Both for the
fun of it and as i said not depend on another server.

Many mail servers won't accept unauthenticated e-mail from a dynamic IP address (unless its the ISP that owns that IP address). So if you're hoping to send mail directly from a home computer to the destination mail server, you'll probably be rejected often.

Ps. are there any public free smtp servers one could send mail through?

If there are, they'll probably be blocked by even the most conservative anti-spam filters.

Michael Schurter