Robert Jordan wrote:

> Try this:
> mono --debug $monoprefix/lib/mono/2.0/mono-service.exe yourservice.exe
> Replace $monoprefix by the current prefix of your Mono installation.
> Note that the service won't be backgrounded when invoked like this.

Thanks Robert. This worked- I received a 'Service Started' message in the
syslog and my service began logging to the text file.

How should I run my service so that it does run in the background? I have
been attempting to put together a runlevel script (I'm not sure if thats the
correct term) based on /etc/init.d/skeleton as I will need my service to
start when the system boots. I currently have a script (attached) based on
articles and so forth I have read but I am beginning to wonder if this is
incorrect and I need to be calling mono-service2 in a different way.
Presumably I don't want to be using the method above under normal
circumstances.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25356139/monotestservice monotestservice