I am running Mono 2.10.2 on my machine (FreeBSD, I'm sticking to what is in the
ports tree, so I'm not up to .5 yet), and I found something interesting:

I have a project written in Visual Studio 2010, using the .NET 4.0 client
framework. The executable it produces does not run/open in Mono. I then open
the project in MonoDevelop (2.4), keep the same runtime target, set up the
command lines I need in the environment, and build the project. This runs just
fine.

Is this compiling C# 4 into a lower version of the Framework, or is there
something odd going on (should I get Mono on my windows machine, see if it
fails there, and if so, file a bug report?)

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton