On 11/05/12 13:12, José Baltasar García Perez-Schofield wrote:
To my understanding, Ubuntu does not support GTK# for .NET 2.0 based
mono runtime, which is not a bug. You are trying to run an app with
insufficient software components on an OS. If you want to use the
feature that the OS does not provide, you'll have to provide that by
yourself, like it wouldn't make sense to bug Microsoft that WP7 does not
ship with System.Data.

        That is interesting. The problem is that, with Mono-2.10.8, .NET applications
created with mono 2.10.8 and the latest MonoDevelop, that in Ubuntu work adding the
"--runtime=v4.0 switch", do not work in Windows anymore. They just simply
crash, showing no errors.

        The only way to execute one of that applications is to install mono and
launch them from there (showing at the same time, an ugly command line window
for a brief moment).

Thanks for bringing that up - it wasn't something that I'd encountered, but it is useful to know. My apps are currently built using Jenkins on an Amazon cloud instance, which is running CentOS (I think - it is a hosted service, so I'm not sure), so I'm still compiling using an old library.

If that's true, is it a problem of targeting .Net v4.0 in general and running on other releases (including .Net), which don't properly support the 4.0 profile?