> From: mono-list-boun...@lists.ximian.com [mailto:mono-list-
> boun...@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of GeneralBouLi
>
> Sorry to disturb you. I develop on Visual Studio since 1 year. I begin on a
> multi-OS application and i see Mono can halp me. Can you explain how i can
> use it on Visual Studio 2008/2010 or 2012. I read explication on site but i
> don't understand all of them.

Install Visual Studio.   (2010.  Not anything newer)
Install something like mono-2.10.9-gtksharp-2.12.11-win32-0.exe (or whatever is
latest.)
Get mono tools from http://mono-tools.com/download
        (free 30 day trial, register to get free license key, but they seem to
be unresponsive. You have to email support to request a license key
supp...@xamarin.com)

Make sure Visual Studio is closed.
Double click the .vsix installer
Launch some project in Visual Studio.
Go to Mono / Debug in Mono

Be aware:  Mono for windows is kind of pointless.  You probably want to install
Mono Tools Server on something like a mac or linux.  And then go to Mono /
Debug in Mono, and create a remote debug profile.

Be aware also:  Mono tools server for mac suddenly quit working for me after
some Mac system update a couple months ago.  And they don't seem to be fixing
it, or talking about it, or anything.

Most likely, the best way to debug mono is to forget all of the above, and
simply install mono develop (Xamarin studio) on the mac or linux system.  Use
it for debugging.