On Jul 30, 2013, at 5:34 PM, Stifu <st...@free.fr> wrote:
> I've never done that myself, but if I remember correctly, you're not supposed
> to add the ".so" part. Just do [DllImport("libshared")].

Close; you should prefer [DllImport("shared")], with one exception. On Windows,
this will try to load SHARED.DLL, on Linux it will load libshared.so, and on OS
X it will load libshared.dylib.

The exception is that if the library name contains a '.', Windows LoadLibrary()
will not automatically append a .DLL extension, so this would always fail:

        [DllImport("gtksharp-2.0")]

In these cases, you should use the full Windows filename, and provide a
.dll.config file so that the file can be found on other platforms:

        [DllImport("libgtksharp-2.0.dll")]

- Jon