Hello Mark,

thanks for contacting me on this.
It was my mistake: I did reorganize the packages yesterday, and forgot
to add the dependancy for mono-opt-devel to the monodevelop-opt
package.
I have fixed it on OBS, it will be part of the next release.

I saw the same problems you had, but this line fixed it:
yum install mono-opt-devel

Then MonoDevelop starts fine from the application menu, which is
referencing the script /usr/bin/monodevelop-opt:
export
PATH=/opt/mono/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin;export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mono/lib:; /opt/monodevelop/bin/monodevelop

I have recently included a script /opt/mono/env.sh which sets the
paths as well, for using mono in general.

Here the versions that I have used for CentOS, and it works for me:
[root@j56980 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
[root@j56980 ~]# rpm -qa  | grep mono
mono-opt-devel-3.2.0-12.1.x86_64
dejavu-sans-mono-fonts-2.30-2.el6.noarch
liberation-mono-fonts-1.05.1.20090721-5.el6.noarch
mono-opt-3.2.0-12.1.x86_64
mono-libgdiplus-opt-3.0.12-6.7.x86_64
monodevelop-opt-4.0.10-7.2.x86_64

Please let me know if that works, or if you still get errors.

Thank you for letting me know!

All the best,
   Timotheus