On Sep 11, 2014, at 9:50 AM, mutasim <d_muta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i convert java code to C# but there is a lot of error the code is connected
> to C directly the file that been converted : openjdk-7-fcs-src-b147-27 jun
> 2011

Just offhand...are you aware of the semantic differences between Java and C#,
particularly when it comes to generics? Porting Java to C# will be an
"interesting" exercise, and I can see from the generated code that it's not
going to work:

                // from Java/java/lang/Class.cs:
                public static Class<?> forName(string name, bool initialize,
ClassLoader loader)

`Class<?>` is perfectly fine for Java, but (1) is not valid C#, and (2) has no
real equivalent in C# either. The underpinnings of Java type erasure compared
to C#'s reified generics are just completely different. "Squaring this circle"
will be a "fun" exercise.

Then there's covariant return types (used in java.lang.Appendable &
java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder), name resolution and overloading differences...

> why some of the programs in mono back to java , in java is powerful language,
> and also you can program java with the C# if the java is CLI

I'm not sure what to make of this either.

Running Mono programs on Java will be a difficult exercise for a variety of
reasons, including differences in generics, but also in Platform Invoke, GC
heap pinning, and more.

Running Java programs atop Mono can already be done without porting the Java
code to C#; that's what IKVM is for. IKVM also allows Java code to interact
with C# code.

 - Jon