I had the general idea of making an event that would invoke every handler in
its list on the thread it was registered from. So I added accessors that'd
store the thread and set things up so when I invoke the handlers it'd use those
threads .. only there seems to be no way to run code on a specific thread in C#
(possibly if I did something unsafe with internal threading?) as far as I can
see. I messed around with the ExecutionContext and various other things but
none seems to let you interrupt a running thread, do something, and resume.

The best I have been able to manage is having the main UI thread get special
treatment in iOS. That's actually what I want but I'd like a more universal
solution as it's likely I'll have other components that are picky about what
thread they're on. Seems like having events raised on the correct thread
automatically would be a good behavior and avoid a lot of boilerplate code.

Obviously something has been done with iOS to make it possible to access the
main thread. Am I missing something or is this pretty much a deadend?

Sent from my iPad