> From: mono-list-boun...@lists.ximian.com [mailto:mono-list-
> boun...@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of myusername
>
> <http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/file/n4667362/new-2.jpg>

Looks like you're getting TlsException, when fetching from the https server.
Most likely this means you don't have any installed trusted root CA's. I'm not
sure how mono gets installed in raspberry pi, but the mono trusted root CA list
is separate from the OS root CA list (which you may or may not have).

To find out if you have root CA's installed, look in...
(There's a distinct possibility these directories will be different for a
raspberry pi ... I'm just not sure...)
        ~/.config/.mono/certs/Trust/
        and
        /usr/share/.mono/certs/Trust/

If there's nothing there, you might need to populate it with cert-sync or
mozroots. (Executables that are installed as part of mono). Mozroots downloads
the certs from mozilla over the internet. Cert-sync copies them from your /etc
directory.

If cert-sync and mozroots aren't available (or don't work) in raspberry pi, you
can run it on some other system, and then copy the files, preserving
permissions.

Since some recent version of mono (I guess around 4.1) the yum and apt packages
automatically run cert-sync during installation. The same is not true when
building from source, copying binaries, using an older version, or on a non-rpm
non-deb system. Also, if raspberry pi uses a different OS root ca package, then
even if cert-sync is run automatically on the pi, it would still fail to
populate anything, and mozroots would then be your best bet.