From: "Kornél Pál" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mono-winforms-list@lists.ximian.com>
Date: 10 June, 2005 00:14
Subject: [Mono-winforms-list] Important ResourceManager notes

Hi,

I am about post an extenive ResourceManager patch.
I am still working on the test unit to make discover the correct behaviour
of ResourceManager and prevent regressions.

There were a lot of differences between Mono and .NET Framework
implementation.

The most important that will break Managed.Windows.Forms is that neutral
resources has to be read from the main assembly any other resources has to
be read from the appropriate satellite assembly.

System.Windows.Forms.dll contains all the cultures of resources in the
main
assembly and only the neutral resources will be available in
ResourceManager
after the patch.

Note that this change does not effect GetManifestResourceStream but it
should not be used with localizable resources. (Managed.Windows.Forms is
not
using GetManifestResourceStream for localization)

Kornél