I started up a 'failsafe' session, which is no more than a terminal and this is what I got:

Mono System.Windows.Forms Assembly [Revision: 54007; built: 2005/12/6 14:35:24]
Keyboard: British keyboard layout
Gtk colorscheme read

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

Stacktrace:

in <0x4> (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdipDrawImageRectI (intptr,intptr,int,int,int,int) in <0xffffffa5> (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdipDrawImageRectI (intptr,intptr,int,int,int,int) in <0x3d> System.Drawing.Graphics:DrawImage (System.Drawing.Image,int,int,int,int) in <0xffffffdb> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:DrawImage (System.Drawing.Image,int,int,int,int)
in <0x3b> System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (System.Drawing.Image,int,int)
in <0xffffe65a> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (System.Drawing.Image,int,int)
in <0x3f2> System.Drawing.Icon:ToBitmap ()
in <0xfffffe1c> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Icon:ToBitmap () in <0x3c> System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11:SetIcon (System.Windows.Forms.Hwnd,System.Drawing.Icon) in <0x20> System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11:SetIcon (intptr,System.Drawing.Icon) in <0x18> System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI:SetIcon (intptr,System.Drawing.Icon)
in <0x36> System.Windows.Forms.Form:CreateHandle ()
in <0x24> System.Windows.Forms.Control:get_Handle ()
in <0x5378dd> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:get_Handle ()
in <0x30d> System.Windows.Forms.Control:get_CreateParams ()
in <0xd> System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase:get_CreateParams ()
in <0xa> System.Windows.Forms.Button:get_CreateParams ()
in <0x48> System.Windows.Forms.Control:CreateHandle ()
in <0x38> System.Windows.Forms.Control:CreateControl ()
in <0x7b> System.Windows.Forms.Control:OnVisibleChanged (System.EventArgs) in <0x38> System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase:OnVisibleChanged (System.EventArgs) in <0x182> System.Windows.Forms.Control:ChangeParent (System.Windows.Forms.Control) in <0xfffffdd1> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:ChangeParent (System.Windows.Forms.Control)
in <0x1a9> ControlCollection:Add (System.Windows.Forms.Control)
in <0xfd> WinForms.HelloWorld:.ctor ()
in <0xffffffd0> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) WinForms.HelloWorld:.ctor ()
in <0x18> WinForms.HelloWorld:Main ()
in <0x50aa7ec9> (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object:runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)

Native stacktrace:

        mono(mono_handle_native_sigsegv+0xba) [0x814ecda]
        mono [0x813b649]
        /lib/libpthread.so.0 [0xb7ece137]
        [0xffffe440]

I am not sure what to do now, as I get the same error every time. It is at this point that I would fire up my Windows PC and try out the exe, and then use 'csc' to compile the code and see what I get. So, to check that the executable was not bad I went off and copied it to my ubuntu computer (of which I installed what is probably an archaic version of mono and libgdiplus) and then ran it, and for a split second it worked (well I saw the GUI in all its 'motif' look-alike), until I errored on me saying that I did not have a POSIX Helper DLL, but the main point is that it is compiled correctly. As far as I can tell the problem is with System.Windows.Forms, and if I knew the address of your IRC channel, I would, at this point be asking a developer to take a detailed look at my stack trace. I do run applications like Mono-develop and a few console applications of my own creation all the time, so the core mono runtime stuff seems to befine.