Nathaniel Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We simply maintain consistency during a sync -- we don't store a
> revision until we have all the files it references, and we don't
> store a cert until we have the revision it references.  An
> interrupted sync can leave you with less complete information than
> usual, but it's only by a matter of degree; nothing breaks.

Can you clarify whether an interrupted sync leaves anything new stored
in the receiving database, or whether that data gets purged as part of
a rollback? It sounds like you're saying two conflicting things: We
only commit when the consistency checks indicate a complete
transmission, but there's no problem with only winding up with part of
what was supposed to be transmitted.

I ask because we'll soon be designing a system at work that needs to
be tolerant of interrupted transfers -- ideally avoiding
retransmitting data already received -- and monotone may offer some
hints in this area.

--
Steven E. Harris