Yes, the tree was unchanged from 0.31 to 0.32.

I also tried a freshly checked-out workspace from my upgraded
0.32repository and got the same results, so it wouldn't appear to be a
corrupted
workspace, per se, either.

The curious thing is that I can run "mtn ls unknown" from the workspace root
and it works fine.  But when I run the same command from the subdir  (which
should generate the same results regardless of the current working
directory...), I get the invariant failure.

I'll try putting 0.31 back on my machine and verify that the problem goes
away.

RS

On 1/2/07, Thomas Moschny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 22:14, Rob Schoening wrote:
> I received a similar invariant failure (both assertions are in paths.cc,
at
> least) on Windows XP with 0.32, but with a 100% US character set.  My
> message post on the issue was rejected by the moderator for reasons
unknown
> (debug file was too big or something).

Maybe you could compress it, or send only a (the last) part of it.

> Here is a strange one.  On windows, "mtn ls unknown" is choking on one
> particular sub directory ("forta-util") of my workspace.  If, inside
this
> directory, I run "mtn ls unknown" with no arguments, I get the assertion
>
> failure:
> > C:\dev\forta\forta-util>mtn ls unknown
> > mtn: fatal: std::logic_error: paths.cc :308:
> > invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))'
> > violated

Are you really sure that you don't have file with names containing some
special chars (accented chars, newlines, zeros, or other strange things)
hidden somewhere in this tree?

Regards,
Thomas