On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Timothy Brownawell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> There's a new --no-workspace option to turn off this behavior even when
> you're in the root of a workspace.

Oh good, that's better than the --root option, I'll switch things over to
that. I'm still having problems with conversion that I haven't managed to
track down yet (mostly because I've been distracted with other things).
There are two different revs in my monotone database that seem to give hg
some grief. One of them is on the net.venge.monotone.guitone branch and
fails with a utf8 problem iirc. The other is somewhere in monotone's own
history but I don't have any more details at the moment.

My motivation here is just to see how fast mercurial would pull the monotone
history for interests sake and to see how far off of that benchmark we would
be. From what I've seen so far, hg seems generally quite nice, but giving up
versioned directories and a bunch of the other good things that monotone has
isn't all that appealing. There are somewhat interesting discussions on the
hg list about named branches (which appear to have similar characteristics
to monotone branches) vs clones which appear to be somewhat more transient
and lighter weight.

Cheers,
Derek