Ethan Blanton wrote:
All security has to go in the *recipient*, because the
sender could be completely malicious.
Of course. Every check I have suggested has been server-side (recipient). The client (sender) is completely malicious.

The server isn't (necessarily) a trusted entity.  When you grok that,
perhaps your positions will change.  :-)

Well... there is some context here. We are talking about a specific attack. There are other attacks where the server is the bad guy (e.g. a malicious attacker with root access). The page I wrote also includes threats where the server is the bad guy.

Daniel.