If there aren't any objections I think I'm ready to land the fast-export
branch (the new git_export command) but I'll wait until this weekend before
I do. This branch doesn't change any existing functionality so there should
be no risk of breaking anything. I've exported and successfully imported a
monotone database, a pidgin database, an older open embedded database and a
xaraya database so at the very least it does produce things that git
fast-import can handle. I've also done some verifications on each of these
by checking out each branch and tag that can be checked out (by a dumb
script) and diffing the results and I haven't found any problems so far.

Cheers,
Derek