On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Timothy Brownawell <tbrow...@prjek.net>wrote:

> 'update' is now noisy when modifying a file with mtn:execute set, but at
> least it doesn't lose the execute bits.

That's intentional, I was hoping it would be helpful and not too annoying.
The code that fiddles with the execute bits now logs things when it actually
makes changes. I don't have a problem reverting this bit if people don't
like it though.

Reverting "attr set <file> mtn:execute true" doesn't seem to clear the
> execute bit (looks like it didn't before, either). It also doesn't give

I suppose it would if revert was done through the editable tree interface
but that has other problems. I wonder if creating a cset that would do the
revert but then dropping everything but the attr changes from it and using
that would be a reasonable way of reverting attribute changes?

> any output like it would for reverting a change to file contents,
> probably because the execute bits didn't actually get changed (even
> though the mtn:execute change is undone).

That sounds about right. If revert was smart enough to revert that then the
change in execute bits would be logged.

Cheers,
Derek