Richard Levitte <rich...@levitte.org> writes:
> stephen_leake> I agree; we should hold the next monotone release until
> stephen_leake> netsync version negotiation is supported.
>
> So now, all we gotta do is hack that as good and fast as we can?
>
> Cheers,
> Richard ( it won't help current clients anyway, will it? )

Yes, it would; a client built from today's n.v.m head cannot speak to a
server running on a long-term-support operating system such as Debian
stable.  Not can it speak to any other client a week old, for that
matter.

This is acceptable for individualls or small teams but not for the
scenario where a central server is involved.

--
Ludovic Brenta.