On 07/25/2014 10:21 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:
> mtn must use the shared library it was compiled for, or a strictly
> upward-compatible one. I don't know if Botan is in general
> upward-compatible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Botan promises API stability within the same minor version, i.e. between
1.8.x and 1.8.y for all x and y applicable. (So far with only one
exception that I consider an unintended glitch). So those should be
backwards and forwards compatible.

Note that odd minor versions are testing or experimental releases, which
don't provide that guarantee (i.e. 1.9.x or 1.11.x). You shouldn't
compile monotone against one of those (unless you know what you're doing).

Regards

Markus Wanner