i don't see any
InvokeOnMainThread ( () => {
// stuff on main
} );
when returning from an async op, you need to ensure any code updating the
UI is running on Main... perhaps try wrapping the body of onPapersReceived?
having said that, i'm not sure it explains why the table content
'disappears' when you tab away and back... :-s
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM, davidortinau <[email protected]> wrote:
> Gist of the view and the service being called (uses RestSharp):
> https://gist.github.com/2355621
>
> I'm not using ViewWillAppear.
>
>
> On Apr 10, 2012, at 6:30 PM, Craig Dunn [via MonoTouch] wrote:
>
> >>This also will happen if you navigate to a different tab and back.
> any chance you can post some code (gist.github.com)... in particular,
> what's in your ViewWillAppear method?
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM, davidortinau <<a
> href="x-msg://62/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4547356&i=0"
> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm having weirdness using DVC and was hoping someone might have seen this
>> before. My searching here and on Stack Overflow haven't turned up any
>> similar reports.
>>
>> I have an async service that returns a list which I then use Linq to add
>> Elements to the Root (see link below).
>>
>> The view loads and displays an empty table...until you touch it at which
>> point it displays the expected data. This also will happen if you navigate
>> to a different tab and back. I've tried RefreshData() and set breakpoints
>> to
>> make sure methods aren't called twice unexpectedly.
>>
>> I also tried this with custom UITableViewCell and a custom
>> UITableViewSource. Same result.
>>
>> Maybe it's my machine b/c I also have Unity installed with an older copy
>> of
>> MonoDevelop?
>>
>> If anyone has any idea what might be causing this, I've opened a SO
>> question. Your input is MUCH appreciated.
>>
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10093442/monotouch-dialogviewcontroller-is-empty-until-touched
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/DialogViewController-displays-blank-until-touched-tp4547277p4547277.html
>> Sent from the MonoTouch mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> MonoTouch mailing list
>> <a
>> href="x-msg://62/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4547356&i=1"
>> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
>> http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MonoTouch mailing list
> <a href="x-msg://62/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4547356&i=2"
> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]
> http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/DialogViewController-displays-blank-until-touched-tp4547277p4547356.html
> To unsubscribe from DialogViewController displays blank until touched, click
> here.
> NAML<http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> View this message in context: Re: DialogViewController displays blank
> until
> touched<http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/DialogViewController-displays-blank-until-touched-tp4547277p4547366.html>
>
> Sent from the MonoTouch mailing list
> archive<http://monotouch.2284126.n4.nabble.com/>at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> MonoTouch mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch
>
>
_______________________________________________
MonoTouch mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monotouch