I am very frustrated new user. I am expert C# / MS Visual Studio developer. I
have minimal time to learn MonoDevelop/MonoTouch/Xcode environments. Getting
things setup so I can learn has been one of the most frustrating things
because the environment seems to be a moving target.

Currently I am spending the better part of one of my Saturdays just trying
to follow what seems like a good tutorial, at
http://www.drdobbs.com/mobile/222600599?pgno=1
http://www.drdobbs.com/mobile/222600599?pgno=1

The very first step is to open Monodevelop, go to File | New Solution |
iPhone | iPhone Monotouch Project  from the C# templates.

>From MonDevleop's About window, I am running MonoDevelop 2.8.8.84, MonoTouch
5.2.11, Xcode 4.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.3. I do not see any project templates
like what is shown in the tutorial. I have tried searching forums,
documentation can't find anyone with the same problem. I find where someone
did not install MonoTouch, but obviously I don't have that problem.

I have upgraded a couple times various apps, when prompted to do so. Now
that I am really trying to learn something, I am lost as to why I don't have
what the tutorial shows.

Did one of my upgrades blow away project templates? Did I not install things
properly. Trying to learn how to just crawl and make progress with these
tools is about as much fun as sticking needles in my eye.

I am sure I am just experiencing newbee type problems, but it is very
frustrating when simple instructions are either outdated or my system is not
properly configured.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-----
Mike Jones