Yup, thats what I do: inherit off Element (or something a little further
down the stack) and add my own stuff into the view

yell for code. :)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Phil Cockfield <p...@cockfield.net> wrote:

> I just found this by Miguel:
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4028356/monotouch-dialogs-ownerdrawnelement-highlight-not-working
>
> The OwnerDrawnElement was a contribution from the community, and it is not
> as sophisticated as it should be. I would not depend on it for anything
> beyond the trivially basic.
>
> I strongly recommend that you create your own Element, if you want to
> reuse some of the code for OwnerDrawElement, you could copy and paste that.
>

> So perhaps I should be just deriving from *Element* and overriding *
> GetCell*.  Is that too low-level?
> What's the best practice here?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Phil Cockfield <p...@cockfield.net>wrote:
>
>> When wanting to get in and totally control cell style rendering, is
>> there a preferred approach between these two options:
>>
>> - OwnerDrawnElement
>> - UIViewElement
>>
>> For [UIViewElement] the docs say : "Can we used to host a standard
>> UIView as an element, in this case no cell reuse will take place."
>>
>> That sounds bad.  What I'm not experienced enough to know.  What are
>> people preferring to do when they want to render custom stuff?
>> UIViewElement sounds easier.  Is it like doing a bargain with the
>> devil?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Phil Cockfield
>>

> --
> *Phil *Cockfield

Nic Wise
t.  +44 7788 592 806 | @fastchicken | http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicwise
b. http://www.fastchicken.co.nz/

Earnest: Self-employed? Track your business expenses and income.
http://earnestapp.com
Nearest Bus: find when the next bus is coming to your stop.
http://goo.gl/Vcz1p
mobileAgent (for FreeAgent): get your accounts in your pocket.
http://goo.gl/IuBU
Trip Wallet: Keep track of your budget on the go: http://goo.gl/ePhKa
London Bike App: Find the nearest Boris Bike, and get riding!
http://goo.gl/Icp2