Something even easier to use is the Xamarin Mobile library (cross-platform):
http://betaapi.xamarin.com/?link=N%3aXamarin.Media

Your code will then look like:

                                picker.TakePhotoAsync (new
StoreCameraMediaOptions{
                                        Name = "test.jpg",
                                        Directory = "MediaPickerSample"
                                } )
                                .ContinueWith (t => // Continue when the user
has taken a photo
                                {
                                        if (t.IsCanceled) // The user canceled
                                                return;