Wow - it damn well does work!

Thanks *Jason*.

That is huge.  The reason I asked this is I was just talking with someone
in academia who'd noticed on multiple projects they'd been trialling that
TXT/SMS was far more effective as a trigger than Push notifications.

For some reason, TXT (in this person's experience at least) seems to
be categorised differently in users minds - and it acted upon more readily
than push notifications.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Jason Awbrey <ja...@awbrey.net> wrote:

> should be easy enough to test - try sending yourself a text containing a
> url scheme for an app you have registered (like twitter://...)
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Phil Cockfield <p...@cockfield.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if it's possible to cause my app to be launched based on a
>> link in a TXT/SMS message.
>>
>> It's possible to do the reverse of this, using the iPhone URL scheme,
>>
>> sms:1-408-555-1212
>> REF<http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/iPhoneURLScheme_Reference/iPhoneURLScheme_Reference.pdf>:
>> Apple URL Scheme Reference
>>

>> But I would like to do the opposite.  Send a TXT notification, then have
>> the app launch from there.
>>
>> --
>> *Phil *Cockfield

*Phil *Cockfield