From: monotouch-boun...@lists.ximian.com
[mailto:monotouch-boun...@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Neal Culiner
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:20
To: monotouch@lists.ximian.com
Subject: [MonoTouch] Bogus app reviews (user reviews of an app)

I'm shocked at how unethical the app reviews (user reviews, not app review
process) system is in the Apple App Store.  I wish Apple would allow app's to
turn off reviews as it's so ridiculous!  Apple fanbois are so worried about
their reviews they go out of their way to create multiple iTunes accounts and
blast bogus 5 star reviews on their products and if you offer something that
competes that's free they'll attack you and post stupid stuff using false
aliases.  I'm trying to run an ethical operation here but it seems that's not
possible in the land of Apple in "hype" and falsehoods.

Has anyone found a way to deal with unethical app reviews either on your
competitor's apps or attacks on yours?  It's so childish and while I try to not
let it bother me I just wish it could be policed better.

It's amazing the difference between Android and iOS.  Mac/iOS (not
MonoTouch/.NET) devs seems to be a bunch of babies that fell on their head at
birth and are so insecure and negative.  Android users are positive people and
post completely polar opposite in reviews and appreciation.  Such a difference
in cultures.  It's a shame iOS is so successful when it was born so completely
unethical (ala Steve Jobs) and their insecure culture.

/vent

Neal