I'm having the exact same issue, and I am having the worst time solving it.
In my AppDelegate class, I have the code:

public override UIInterfaceOrientationMask
GetSupportedInterfaceOrientations (UIApplication application, UIWindow
forWindow) {
    return UIInterfaceOrientationMask.All;
}

And in each of my view controller classes, I have the code:
public override bool ShouldAutorotate() {
    return true;
}

public override UIInterfaceOrientationMask
GetSupportedInterfaceOrientations (UIApplication application, UIWindow
forWindow) {
    return UIInterfaceOrientationMask.Portrait;
}

I've placed a breakpoint at each of my ShouldAutorotate and
GetSupportedInterfaceOrientations methods, and they never seem to hit.

I am trying to make it so that certain ViewController classes have
portrait views only.

What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Brett