I used to do the VM thing when I needed to do something on Windows,
but I found that it really caned the RAM and CPU on my MacBook.

Recently I have set up my old desktop to run Windows, and left it on
all the time. When I want to do dev on the Windows box I just RDP into
it.

I use MonoDevelop for 100% of my Mono* development, and only use VS if
I _really_ have to (e.g. SharePoint work).

I suppose what I am doing is the polar opposite of something like MacInCloud.

Regards,

James