Thanks for your quick reply,

I've tried to change BeginInvokeOnMainThread to InvokeOnMainThread, but
still the same problem. The crash dump looks the same to me,
https://gist.github.com/Nordis/6129637

Then I tried to remove InvokeOnMainThread and only set the properties to
null,
    searchController.Delegate = null;
    searchController.SearchResultsDelegate = null;
    searchController.SearchResultsSource = null;

But then I got this exception,
MonoTouch.UIKit.UIKitThreadAccessException: UIKit Consistency error: you
are calling a UIKit method that can only be invoked from the UI thread.
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.EnsureUIThread () [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UISearchDisplayController.set_WeakDelegate
(MonoTouch.Foundation.NSObject value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UISearchDisplayController.set_Delegate
(MonoTouch.UIKit.UISearchDisplayDelegate value) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
  at Diet52App.FoodSearchBase.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at MonoTouch.Foundation.NSObject.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0

I got the idea to set searchController's properties to null by reading this
thread,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6708705/monotouch-sigsegv-crash-using-navigationcontroller-and-searchdisplaycontroller?rq=1

Best regards,

Daniel