Dear Brian:

I am Joe Wolfe and you wrote the code for The Global  Business Game. I hope
you have been doing well.

As you may know, the game you wrote for me has been published in an online
version by Innovative Learning Solutions. As you did this work back in the
late  1990s a question has arisen regarding the need to update the code.
They have  done an in house appraisal and I quote here their analysis and their
ability to  continue to use your code...

The GBG shell is programmed in Visual Basic 6 (1998). Executable  produced
by VB6 maybe problematic to run on newer operating systems (this  happened
to our processing and delphi 3). First we will try to keep older  versions of
operating system to run it there. Already the situation of keeping
separate machine for GBG makes it bit more expensive for ILS . It may become
complicated for us to keep older version of operating system in the further
future, especially in case there are no patches to security problems from
Microsoft. If this happens, we will need to transfer codes from VB6 to
something
newer. This transition may require larger investment to buy new development
 tools, third party components used by GBG shell and pay for the work.
(Transition to new marketplace processing may have taken about 1 year of
cumulative effort

Can you shed any light on the degree this appraisal is  correct?

Best regards,

Joe

Joseph Wolfe  PhD
President