Hi Michael,

Hopefully one of the Xamarin.iOS devs can chime in, but the IntPtr handle
that is passed to .ctors is the native object pointer.

If you don't pass it to base, then what happens is that the Xamarin.iOS
runtime creates a new native instance.

My understanding is that you have this:

public MyTableViewCell (IntPtr handle) : base (handle)
{
}

and that you are removing the call to base()...

You shouldn't be doing that afaik.

This .ctor is meant only to be used by the runtime itself and should not be
invoked by your code (it doesn't sound like you are invoking it yourself,
but just in case that wasn't obvious).

I'm not sure if that really helps answer your overall question, but
hopefully it at least helps clarify things a little bit for you.

Jeff